Monday, August 31, 2015

august: what have I been up to.. continued

continuing on from the first part of this post, here is what the second half of my month looked like..

Dairy Queen's annual Miracle Treat Day was on August 13th. as an avid lover or ice cream, this is a day I cannot pass up. I spent the afternoon visiting with my very pregnant cousin. it also happened to be one of the hottest days of the summer. miracle treat day. hot hot day. pregnancy. it couldn't have been a much better day to enjoy some blizzards together while we caught each other up on our lives.
**this wee one still has not joined us.. so come on baby! I can't wait to meet you!

my sister had her first surgery ever this month. it was a bit nerve racking for the entire family. she had to come to the city to have it done, so I was able to go to the hospital with her and our mum. I am very thankful I was able to be there to support her. it all went smoothly and she is recovering at home now. she's one tough cookie!

the boy and I celebrated nine months together this month too. dawwwww. he's a sweetie. and I am gushing.


I attended a rock music festival with the boy and his family for a weekend this month. Rock the River is a music festival featuring Canadian classic rock bands. 3 nights of rock and roll, drinking, and food that is definitely not healthy. it was wonderful! quality time spent with the inlaws and a jam packed weekend. pure Canadian fun.

the boyfriend and I had a spontaneous date night. we went to see a movie at the vip theatre. we chose Hitman: Agent 47 and we enjoyed it very much. it was a night we both needed and deserved.


I had the honour of ending my month by witnessing one of my oldest friends marry his soulmate. it sure does make you nostalgic to witness someone you knew since diapers get married. the ceremony was beautiful, and their vows to each other were so sweet. the reception afterwards was an incredible time. it was so fantastic to catch up with so many of my friends from high school. we danced, we laughed, we ate, we drank and we celebrated. it was the best way to end the official summer of 2015.

what were the highlights of august for you?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© TheCoffeeLoftCo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig