Friday, August 28, 2015

august: what have I been up to

august was a pretty busy month for me. I was able to spend time with friends and family. I ate some delicious food and visited some relaxing and serene places.


the month started off with the local Potash Corp Fringe Festival. this is a festival that embodies the arts and culture of our community. there is a street fair, theatre shows, street shows, artistic vendors and local food trucks spotted throughout our broadway district. the boy and I spent an evening down there eating mini donuts and getting a caricature drawn.


later that same week a couple friends of mine came to visit. we had excellent weather so we went down to the river and found a small, private 'beachy' area to laze the day away on. we drank a few brews and chatted with passerby's who were on the water that day. that night we went to a movie. Southpaw. wow, what an incredible movie. definitely rates as one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

to conclude that busy weekend, the boy, his sister, her husband and I went for supper at the Saskatoon Ribfest. some of the best BBQ'ing masters travel from festival to festival showcasing their talent. we attend. we buy. we eat. we judge. it was so delicious! messy, flavourful and filling. just what I like in a meal! :)

august is also my birth month. this year I celebrated 25 years on this big, beautiful earth. it was uneventful and just as I wished it would be. spent the evening with my boyfriend, which is all I needed.


I was able to escape the city for a weekend in august too. I joined my family for some camping at the lake. we laughed, we drank, we sat by the fire, we ate so much food. the perfect recipe for a great weekend. I brought my kayak, and our bikes up to the lake with me. the entire family got to take the kayak out on the water, and my brother and I were able to go for a little bike ride. weekends like those are exactly what I need to recharge my soul and fill my heart to the brim with love.



to be continued in another post..
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© TheCoffeeLoftCo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig