Monday, August 17, 2015

j.o.b.

I graduated college a little over four years ago. since then I have held 4 jobs. three of which have been within my career scope. this is a fact I am not proud of. it makes me feel like a failure.

but I know what I want from a j.o.b. I know the feeling I want to have going into work everyday. I know the type of people I want to work with. I know the vibe and energy I want to encompass myself in. and I have not found it yet. that is the core reason I keep jumping from workplace to workplace.

I don't want to keep moving around in my career. but I also can't allow myself to settle. you spend most of your life at work. if I am not happy there, that is a big part of my life I will spend unhappy.

I currently call a city of about 250,000 people home. but it is not where my heart is. I want to move back to the area I was born and raised in. a smaller community of about 4,500 is the pace I enjoy. when I make this big move, my career will be on shaky ground again. a smaller town does not have the economic growth I need to fulfill my career goals.

I have dreams for myself when I do finally settle down near my hometown. I want to leave the static lifestyle a j.o.b. holds me in. I want to engage and build my entrepreneurial skills.

so when I think about my current state of unrest, the fact that I cannot seem to hold a job in my chosen career field, is it really that bad?

I am changing jobs again next month. even though my life plans will eventually take me away from this city, I am not willing to just get by until then. I want to enjoy every aspect of my life, right now. so here is to job number five. and here is to creating a life I want to live, by my own standards.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© TheCoffeeLoftCo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig